>POSSIBLE SALARY RANGE: R262,075 – R450,359 +** https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/fashion-designer
Complete projects within agreed timescales and to budget by planning and organising staff, tasks, and resources
Skills and abilities: Excellent organisational, communication and leadership skills, IT literacy, motivational, budgeting and forecasting skills.
What are the responsibilities of a sales manager? Of course an answer to this question is not a straight forward one as it may differ from one organisation to another. The role of a sales manager may include the following:
- Determining the aims of the client or business
- Creating a sales plan and proactively experimenting to improve execution.
- Performance management of sales teams.
- Assisting with creation os sales forecasts and sales targets.
- Monitoring progress in real-time and analysing data.
- Overseeing the organisation’s sales training.
- Setting and implementing quality standards for sales people and the service they deliver.
- Keeping an active watch over (and involvement in) key accounts.
- Mentoring individual sales reps and administering incentive programs.
- Recruitment and hiring of sales people.
- Motivation of sales people in the team.
- Dealing with customer complaints related to behaviour of sales people.
- Some of these sales manager responsibilities can overlap with those of other related roles depending upon the size and internal structure of your organisation.
Career progression: You may decide to enhance your sales management skills through a focussed qualification. With experience, you may rise to the position of Senior Sales Manager or Director of sales, or choose to work as a freelance consultant.