July, Aug, Oct, Nov
4 days with two-months coaching support
Course Offered in Association with the University of Derby
This Strategic planning and risk management course is targeted at middle managers seeking to enhance theor skills.
The Global Executive Business School partners with top UK universities to deliver courses to African executives and entrepreneurs. This series of Leadership Development programmes run four times per year, introducing you, as a senior executive to a broad range of business areas, giving you the ability to make effective management decisions.
The four session intensive course delivered by the University of Derby followed by two days of follow-up coaching by the Executive Coaching Team at GEBS covers the following:
Session 1: Developing scenarios and identifying key drivers of change
Session 2: Performing VRIO and competitor bench-marking
Session 3: Using situational analysis data to identify competitive advantage and develop strategic approach
Session 4: Using SAF framework to evaluate strategy and identify risk mitigation controls
During the four-day on-campus or live online programme, you will be coached to find solutions to your personal and professional challenges, while analysing your historical thinking patterns, and breakdowns will open up new possibilities for achievement and performance.
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Microsoft Teams study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
The experience you gain on the GEBS intensive courses will remain with you far beyond the five days of your educational experience. It is designed to be a learning journey that lasts a lifetime.
The short course will cover the process of strategic planning, beginning with an understanding of frameworks that will help in the analysis of the external and internal environment of the organisation in order to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Participants will be able to identify the basis of the organisation’s competitive advantages and strategies to sustain these advantages in an uncertain, complex and dynamic business environment. The course will help identify and distinguish between corporate and business level strategies that can be employed to gain competitive advantage. The sessions will also provide delegates with a framework for identifying and categorising different types of risk and their respective control mechanisms.
Case studies, interactive discussions, group exercises, coaching and 360-degree feedback will teach attendees how to have greater impact in their organisations and drive their own career development. Personalised coaching is a core component of the programme.
The content is also tailored to each participant’s current organisational context and the broader performance-limiting factors leaders face in business.
Participants will continue to receive support after the programme with a follow-up coaching session to cement learning and drive forward personal action plans.
Once you have completed the four-day programme, you will have the opportunity to engage in follow-up coaching through which to continue the process of reflection that began on the course, deepening your ongoing learning and personal development once you return to the workplace.
The full breakdown of course modules is as follows:
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, click on the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Why Study at GEBS
- Rated as Gold in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) in the UK.·
- A top 30 UK University as per the Guardian University Guide 2020· –
- No1 International Student Centre in the UK (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
- Top 10 in the world for international student learning experience (International Student Barometer 2018 Global Benchmark Group)·
- In the top 1,000 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)·
- No1 UK Modern University for formally welcoming international students (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
- No1 UK Modern University for multi-cultural learning (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
Receive an internationally accepted, CPD certificate to certify your learning.
- Participation Certificate from the University of Derby
- Expert tutors providing complete support and guidance
- Modern Johannesburg-based campus or live, online classes.
- Leadership Coaching to maximise your learning
- Comprehensive set of course material included for ongoing learning & development
Who is the course for?
- Junior Risk Assessors
- Business owners
- Operations Managers
- Duration: 4 Days
- Next intakes July ,August , Oct, November 2020
- Campus: Johannesburg or online depending on Covid-19 regulations
- Programme Fees: R8000