POSSIBLE SALARY RANGE: R214 000 – R922 000 +** https://www.payscale.com/research/ZA/Job=Management_Consultant/Salary
Helps a company improve aspects of business, such as productivity, management, and company image. The management consultant will identify current problems and potential risks and help the company to overcome them.
Skills and abilities: Excellent organisational, communication and leadership skills, digital literacy, budgeting and forecasting skills. Both customer relationship skills, analytical skills and the ability to use data and analysis and research to generate insight and provide strategic directions for a business is most beneficial.
What are the responsibilities of a management consultant? Of course an answer to this question is not a straight forward one as it may differ from one type of consultant to another.
A good example of the typical requirements for a management consultant would be this role recently advertised by Deloitte in South Africa
Deloitte Human Capital invites you to join our talent community of independent professionals and contractors who apply their experience to project-based work with us. The professionals in this community have the flexibility to continue to build their own careers by selecting opportunities at Deloitte that match their interests and availability. Project durations vary from 3 – 18 months, and are largely delivery based opportunities.
Consulting in one word? Multifaceted. No two days are ever the same. If you’re an outside-the-box thinker who enjoys exploring the myriad ways people, strategy, operations, and process improvement help shape the future of our clients’ organizations, then Consulting may be the right fit for you.
At Deloitte, we work hand-in-hand with our clients from across almost every industry to improve business performance, drive shareholder value, and create competitive advantage. Our consultants have a deep interest in business and talent trends, and provide solutions to clients’ most complex issues. So get inspired by the talented people around you.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivery Excellence – Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector – Ability to comprehend how the client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving – Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Financial Acumen – Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Executive Presence – Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Global Mindset – Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
- Business-Technology Acumen – Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
- Mature Domain Expertise – Ability to apply deep, specialized expertise in a particular product/domain to solve complex business issues
- Strategic Planning and Sustainability – Ability to apply a forward-looking perspective to set the client’s strategy and equip the HR function to sustain the strategy
- Transformation Enablement – Ability to manage the execution of a multi-dimensional transformation program that delivers business outcomes and creates a strong qualification for Deloitte
Service Line (OT) Capabilities
- Fosters Innovation – Ability to leverage expertise in an offering and sector to generate innovative solutions for clients and continually differentiate our offerings
- Sets the Transformation Agenda – Ability to set the transformation agenda by working with business leaders to address the human factors affecting their organization’s ability to reach its transformation objectives
Qualifications & Experience required
- Previous professional services / consulting experience within a reputable firm
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Demonstrated experience in supporting large scale, complex programs
- A passion for working within and supporting one or more of the following capabilities: change management initiatives in areas such as technology adoption, strategic change and cultural change, M&A, digital, introduction of new technologies, organisational restructuring, workforce transitioning, organisation design or regulatory changes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi priorities and deliver commitments on time
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to coach, counsel and guide clients across all levels of an organization
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Ability to coach and develop others in creating a high performing team
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- A willingness to travel