July, Aug, Oct, Nov
4 days with two-months coaching support
Course Offered in Association with the University of Derby
The Global Executive Business School partners with top UK University to deliver courses to African executives and entrepreneurs. This series of Leadership Development programmes runs four times per year, introducing you, as a senior executive to a broad range of business areas, giving you the ability to make effective management decisions
The four session intensive course covers the following:
Session 1: Independent study based on suggested reading
Session 2: Completion of an assigned task for deepening understanding of the essential skills needed in times of crisis and challenge
Session 3: Reading and analysis of academic literature to enhance knowledge of operational change concepts when making an improvement intervention
Session 4: Webinar covering consolidation of themes and consideration of application of learning
During the five day on-campus or live online programme, you will be coached to find solutions to your personal and professional challenges, while analysing your historical thinking patterns, and breakdowns will open up new possibilities for achievement and performance.
Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via the Microsoft Teams study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced webinars created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world.
- Two years management experience
- English language proficiency
The experience you gain at GEBS programmes will stay with you far beyond the four days of your educational experience. It is designed to be a learning journey that lasts a lifetime.
An unparalleled crisis like the current COVID–19 outbreak places immense pressure on leaders to be adaptive and proactive, while setting the direction, priorities and leading the way forward beyond the crisis. The course will provide delegates with an overview of the skills needed by a leader to respond to challenges during times of crisis. This course will support the development of a range of skills linked to : strategic thinking, planning and delivery, people management, change management and innovation, communication, persuasion and influencing. Developing such skills is essential now more than ever in an environment where proactive organisations can survive and possibly thrive in times of crisis and new realities.
Case studies, interactive discussions, group exercises, coaching and 360-degree feedback will teach attendees how to have greater impact in their organisations and drive their own career development. Personalised coaching is a core component of the programme. The content is also tailored to each participant’s current organisational context and the broader performance-limiting factors faced in business. Participants will continue to receive support after the programme with a follow-up coaching session to cement learning and drive forward personal action plans.
Once you have completed the four-day programme, you will have the opportunity to engage in follow-up coaching through which to continue the process of reflection that began on the course, deepening your ongoing learning and personal development once you return to the workplace.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, click on the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page. Please fill in the form and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application form, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.
Why Study at GEBS
- Rated as Gold in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) in the UK.·
- A top 30 UK University as per the Guardian University Guide 2020· –
- No1 International Student Centre in the UK (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
- Top 10 in the world for international student learning experience (International Student Barometer 2018 Global Benchmark Group)·
- In the top 1,000 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)·
- No1 UK Modern University for formally welcoming international students (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
- No1 UK Modern University for multi-cultural learning (International Student Barometer 2018 UK Benchmark Group)·
Receive an internationally accepted, CPD certificate to certify your learning.
- Participation Certificate from University of Derby
- Expert tutors providing complete support and guidance
- Modern Johannesburg-based campus or live, online classes.
- Leadership Coaching to maximise your learning
- Comprehensive set of course material included for ongoing learning & development
Who is the course for?
Business leaders who are seeking to:
- Enhance their leadership skills
- Broaden their influence within current or future organisations
- Advance into senior leadership roles
- Maximise effectiveness in working with individuals and teams.
- Duration: 4 Days
- Next intakes July ,August , Oct, November 2020
- Campus: Johannesburg or online depending on Covid-19 regulations
- Programme Fees: R8000